missionary melanizzle

missionary melanizzle

Friday, October 9, 2015

Week 33 County your many blessings name them 1000 x 1000

Our water heater broke. Not only did it stop working, it sounded like a plane about to crash into the Earth. On top of that our heaters don't work and it is frigid in the nighttime/mornings. All we want as hard working missionaries is a hot shower. So we made the calls, a woman came to look at it, then a man later came, and it was fixed! We had consistently hot running water for 1.5 days. Now we are back to square one. In these times I think "At least we have running water. I bet the pioneers never had it this good"

We had a chalk Display this last week and DANG. I have never seen more success in 2 hours in my entire mission! We drew the dispensations on the ground and set up a table with pamphlets, Book of Mormons, and pass along cards. I have never witnessed people coming TO US before! There was a guy that came to look at the table so I swooped him up in conversation and started teaching him, then one of his friends quietly stood with us, then I turn around again later and another one of his friends was in our circle. It was an exciting time to rely on the spirit. One of them talked about a theory of the resurrection of Jesus Christ being a hallucination...He looked at me with curious eyes so I quickly referred to the pamphlet and said "I have never heard of that before, and I can't answer your question, BUT I will teach you how to pray so you can find out for yourself what is the truth" It was insane!

There is this man that works at a Kebab place. Our first time there we were talking to him and invited him to English class. Since then we have seen him on the streets and he told me randomly I have nice eyes then he said we should have dinner with him. This is when the expectations lesson is great-when in doubt, stick to Preach My Gospel! We need to talk about our purpose here early. yikes.

We wanted to heart attack this member's house and it was dark and we couldn't find it and we saw a creepy man in this panalok jungle. (Czech apartment buildings) so Sestra Bailey suggested we pray to find someone that could help us. Prayed-Boom. Then we turn the corner and 4 old guys are walking around. "Ï trust them" so we ask them, we weren't too far. Then one of them was actually an old man who is a member and has been on bed rest for a long time! He said he would see us at church on Sunday and lo and behold he came! Miracles-prayers work!

We did more service at M's house in Křížany. This time we brought P (13 yrs old and hilarious) and we took down the Jumanji in Martin's backyard! After a while I ditched the tools he handed us. I was sitting on these huge roots backwards to snap the root at the bottom then with my sestra strength I tore the bushes out of the earth. We got it all out and it looks great. Then M made us homemade tea. All that was in it was apples (from his tree) some plums (from a nearby tree) and water.  I have never had better tea in my life.

It's been a good week. I haven't seen Conference yet-it's next week for us. But I hope you all enjoyed it and you start applying it this week!
MÁM VÁS RÁDA!!!
-Sestra Hale


 Ice cold water from our water heater

                                                                       We killed these bushes.

 This is our chalk display

 Waiting for the train



No comments:

Post a Comment