missionary melanizzle

missionary melanizzle

Monday, June 8, 2015

Week 16 STL Exchange, a Křest, Hluboka Zoo

Wooooooooooweeeeeeee! (yell that like a cowboy and that is how I feel about this last week)

So in the Czech language there is a formal way to address someone and an informal way. The rules I still do not know perfectly, but I know to me it is super cool when people say we can address each other informally. I am excited to announce that one of the coolest members in our branch this past week said we could tykat. Yay!

Random whatnots: We went on what I call- a Man Hunt. We looked all over C-Bud for less actives to invite them to a grill we are having this week. We hunted with no avail. All is well still.

The sister training leaders from Prague came on Friday. They are a trio so it is Sister White (5th transfer in field) Sister DuBois (6th transfer) and Sister Bailey (1st transfer) THEY ARE ON FIRE! I was with Sestra White and Bailey all day. Our lessons cancelled so we ended up contacting ALL DAY. My first experience with this. Straight up-studies in the morning, contact until lunch, (phenomenal Indian food) then contacting until game night. ALL DAY! It was so great though because our area really has been needing a boost in investigators and different ways of teaching. I admire what Sister Bailey does in her first transfer. She ran up to a lady on a bike at a stop light, tried talking to her, then when the lady said she wasn't interested, Sestra Bailey stuck one of our cards in her bag! It was really nice to have them with us all day even though I have never been more worn out. ---That verse "serve with all your heart, might, mind, and strength" comes to mind when I think about Thursday. I love being a missionary!

Saturday we had a baptism! E is one of the Elder's investigators who has been investigating the church for one year. The Elder who originally contacted her was able to come so it was amazing. E is so cute and the service was so cool. We rented a pool. Yes an indoor pool. That was so cool to witness. As missionaries we also sang 'How Great Thou Art' with  accompaniment of Terezea on violin. I got goosebumps on the 4th verse when we all sang together.
When Christ shall come with shout of acclamation
And lead me home, what joy shall fill my heart!
Then I shall bow with humble adoration,
And then proclaim, "My God, how great Thou art!
 It was beautiful. She is the newest member in our branch and we couldn't be happier to have her!

Today we went to Hluboka where there was a mansion full of fish, bears, and ANTLERS! I don't know what to call this place but that is it. Look at some of the pictures I took. Fun fact: It said it wasn't open but the front door was open so we all walked in anyway and helped ourselves to an entire full tour of each level. Cool! My favorite room was the room where all the furniture was made from antlers and animal skin. Crazy! Then next door was the Hluboka zoo! S is member from Germany that is here for a couple weeks (he is SO cool) and T was able to come with us too. My favorite part about the zoo was the bears. The bears were eating grass and we were 3-4 feet away from them doing so! They kept looking up and sniffing at us. They probably could smell our flesh and desired for it. ALSO I was 3 feet from a wolf and there were a few tiny monkeys that were allowed to roam randomly around the zoo. Harmless and so cute!



 THIS room.

 Turns out I am so good at ping pong. Me and Papa went at it. 
We almost bet on the church's piano 
but I said that probably wasn't a good idea.

 One picture is right before the Sisters left back to Prague. Notice: Sister White next to me is SO crispy sunburnt due to hours on end of contacting. Also I have a new dress I bought from a Vietnamese store. It was super cheap and I love it so much. (I thought it was okay to buy a new dress because a girl was painting mine and S.Behunin's nails last week and she spilled a dark blue nail polish on my red plaid skirt...sad but I'm happy to have my new dress now)

The Zoo (I'm not sure what animal I was)

 My missionary badge, cool huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment