missionary melanizzle

missionary melanizzle

Monday, March 30, 2015

100+ days as a Missionary

FIRST OFF: Time to think about home for a second. Happy Birthday to Kyle Helton on April 3rd! I hope your birthday is as phenomenal as you are and my wish for you is for your schooling to challenge you and for your truck to transform into an autobot instead of a septicon... I love you!     Lindsey Williams and Jordan Hays! Happy Birthday you two! I hope for Jordan your 18th year is as exciting as all your years before were-put together in one! Lindsey I hope for your 23rd year, that you will learn to beat box while you sing so beautifully and also have great success in your endeavors for the year.
Also-thank you for your "open when . . ." cards Natasha&Spencer, Jonny, and Aunt Lauri. All were perfectly what I needed to hear when I opened them :)

Okay so as for Mlada Boleslav stories:
We contacted an old man who smelled like my Grandpa Watkins. He was kind and funny. He asked where we were from then before he left he managed to growl at Sestra Senkane and then also tell ME "If I was 50 years younger I would come to America and find you" YIKES!
Also-please listen to my voice recording about Sestra Clark getting Czech armed and face rubbed. I'm laughing right now just thinking about it.
We keep meeting Polish people who are so crazy to talk to! We met a Polish man who kept waving his arms to and fro as he was talking to us that he almost smacked my face! Then when we walked away he called us to come back and talk to his friend. Who actually enjoyed when we taught him prayer and prayed with them. (That's something we do a lot on street contacts. Teach prayer and pray with people. It's so great. Weird at first, but now I don't care cause I love talking to God no matter who is looking!)
At the beginning of our comp inventory this week I wrote down a goal to cry once this week because I think I have been holding in my stresses too long. BOOM! 3 minutes after writing the goal I cried for the next 30 minutes. I have never been homesick before in my life until the mission! Don't worry-my companions are so inspired and full of love, I started then to cry because of the spirit in our room. It's so cool to be here but holy crap it is difficult! There are so many responsibilities to keep up with. I have a vision that I'll be an unstoppable mother when I have kids all over the place and cooking food and everything. I am being prepared now!

Tomorrow we have a 24 hour exchange with the Prague sisters. I am going there while my companions stay here. I'm excited! 

I love you all!
-Sestra Hale

p.s. can you all promise me something? HELP THE MISSIONARIES IN YOUR AREA. This is hard work! Be active in your help in missionary work. Invite your friends to church, be friends with investigators, and never be afraid to bare your testimony!

Also-enjoy General Conference! I'll watch it a week after you due to time difference. And also enjoy Easter! Wear cute bright colors and eat lots of jelly beans. Not the Harry Potter ones but the actually good tasting ones. Love you all ! Remember also what Easter is celebrated for. If you can't remember, read 3 Nephi in the Book of Mormon. I love you all and I know this church is true. His plan is perfect for us! Lets all accept it so we can live happier!


No comments:

Post a Comment