missionary melanizzle

missionary melanizzle

Sunday, February 22, 2015

reassigned

(This was an extra e-mail Melanie sent home to Dave and I. I happened to be on the computer and was able to answer back since it was coming at an odd time)

Hello world. I've been reassigned.
Anyone want to guess? 

Just kidding. My travel Visa didn't come through. I've been reassigned to the Texas Houston East Mission. 
The missionaries in my district go as follows: 
Starsi S and Starsi N are going to Virginia
Starsi B, G and C are I think going to the Czech Republic because they haven't heard otherwise. 
Starsi C is going to Washington 

Clearly I won the jackpot. 
How do I feel? I am currently crying thinking about all of us being split up but I don't care where the Lord wants me to wait for a visa. I only ask one thing---no making fun of me is I turn into a hick! 

I love you all!
p.s. I still leave on the 16th and I love life. 

OH.MY.HECK.MISS.MEL !!!!!
What an adventure. You and your district Starsi's will have good stories to swap when you all finally arrive in Europe.
Questions: Will you have a trainer in Texas? Or be plopped into their schedule mid transfers? When your visa comes, do you go right away? Or wait til the group gets theirs too? Or wait til transfer time in Texas? Were you heartbroken at first? Are you ok with it now? 
You may not know the answers to any of these questions. Once you get to Houston, you won't have p-day for a week so we won't know where you are. :(
You have a couple boxes and at least one letter waiting for you in Prague. Sorry.
I'm sorry this happened, but I'm sure you will make it in to a memorable adventure. Can't wait for your email tomorrow. Let me know if you need anything from me. After that, I'll wait to hear from you in TX.
Love you,
Mom

I wasnt heartbroken at all I was seriously excited. I almost choked on my rice I was eating!
and Mom I wish I could answer all your questions but we will just have to wait and see. Whenever the Lord wants me in Czech I'll go. That is all I know. I still leave Monday and I will still call from the airport :) But now that my flight is short it will probably be a short phone call so I can call you again when I do go to Europe? I don't know. ADVENTURE!!
Its super rare for missionaries going to our mission to be visa waiters so we all feel pretty confident that it won't be for long. But if it is-so be it!


No comments:

Post a Comment