missionary melanizzle

missionary melanizzle

Friday, January 9, 2015

MTC Week 3 Svaty Krava (Holy Cow)

This last week went by fast and slow at the same time. 

I shall start with the best part of the week. Fast Sunday on this last Sunday. The entire MTC fasted! So the spirit was strong with us. We had a little different schedule with all together MTC conference. Sister Oscarson (General YW Prez.) spoke to us. It is always so nice to be reminded of my purpose whenever someone speaks to us newbie missionaries. They all make sure to tell us to be humble because the Spirit is the one teaching. These missions are completely for the Lord and about His work. 

The next exciting thing was this last Saturday evening. We have study time in the evening on Saturdays instead of the mornings. This could be a lethal time or a time of great studying. Considering our zone is one big hilarious happy family. It changes from crazy to spiritual. 3 of the Starsi's(Elders) came in with their hair all gooped up like a greaser, an electrocuted man, and Shark boy. It was hilarious to watch them take pictures trying to look cool. Then I remember them holding up a floor fan and rapping through it. I wish I documented the moment but I was laughing too hard to comprehend just what exactly was going on around me. 

I have begun to read the New Testament. I just finished Matthew. My favorite chapter is 14. Read it now if don't know what it entails. I almost cried at how awesome our Spasitel (Savior) is. I loooooove personal study time. Who knew I would enjoy reading so much? WELL WHEN YOU ARE READING THE WORD OF GOD IT IS HARD TO PUT IT DOWN! Those words are so delicious. I love cross referencing things and reading the Joseph Smith translations (bless Joseph's heart for clarifying what some of those random words mean) 

Sometimes it seems like I am back in school. Kicking in my short term memory so I may get through a lesson with an investigator. Then I remind myself I am a missionary. Without my work here, these people might not get the chance to hear of their chance at Salvation. Sometimes I hold my name tag in my hand for a token of remembrance. It is soooo fun to be a missionary but it also takes a lot of hard diligent work to be a successful missionary. That is something that really hit me this last week as we started to learn the 'cases' of Czech. Look this language up on the internet. You will be amazed at how crazy it is!

My most sincere apologies for this letter being all over the place. My P-Day has been so productive and all over the place. My mind is still racing :) 

So all missionaries have this card. Its basically a 'get out of jail free' card. I have never heard of it before. It is for the cases where a random citizen observes me and another sister knocking on doors and possibly doing something illegal. NO MAAM! My card basically says I have the authority and permission to preach (Preach The Word and bring Czech people their salvation!) Not exactly the salvation part, but wouldn't that be cool? hahaha. There is good news, cool news, and bad news. The bad news is: sorry mom, I will not be home June 17th-ish in 2016. Cool news: the transfers in my mission last 9 weeks. Good news: I have more time to love the people of the Czech Republic!! 19 month mission-here I come. The exact date I will be home is July 7, 2016.

Lets end on a good note. The Provo Temple opened back up after the holidays. We went this morning and it was a beautiful session! That temple is very circular and large and Svaty Krava (holy cow but a bad translation of it) GORGEOUS. It was awesome to do a session with the missionaries in my zone. 

I love mission life. The MTC isn't bad yet. The only thing I can complain about is the influenza broke into the campus. We are not allowed to shake hands, or high five. I basically hold my breath everywhere I go so I won't get sick. Don't worry though-I drink a combination of Cranberry Juice, and Orange, Guava, Passion Fruit juice everyday! 

I love you all, thanks for the support and letters!

-Sestra Hale 





No comments:

Post a Comment